Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

What The Hell Is a "Soul Mate" And How Do You Ever Get Over Them?

I received this message in my inbox this morning. I thought it was important to post this blog because we commonly hear the term "Soul Mate" used in reference to relationships. I’d like to know your thoughts on this one too so here goes...

Hi Ms Wallace, I've followed your blogs off and on for some time but have never posted. Recently the term "Soul Mate" keeps popping up in my conversations with friends and family. Is there such a phenomena? I am married, I've been with my husband for a total of 15 years, married for the last 4 years, but recently, my "Soul Mate" got married. This absolutely broke my heart. Although I got married 4 years ago, I've never been so hurt. I actually felt heart-break for the first time. My husband knows all about this man. He held my hand, and held me up asI cried and over my "loss". I love my husband, we have 3 beautiful children, all is well in our lives, EXCEPT for the the fact that I have never gotten over my ex. We have kept up with other, off and on, over the past 18 years. Before my husband and I got married, while dating, I cheated on him several times with my ex. Over the past year, I knew that he was engaged, respected his situation and gave him his space. The last couple of times that we talked, we tried to get closure. Now that he's gotten married I feel like I've lost a part of myself.When I talk about my situation with friends and family, they always ask the same thing, my husband also asked me this, "Why didn't you just stay with him, or marry him?"My reply is the same, "Because I didn't want to live the life that he lived, we didn't have the same goals and aspirations." He lives a very military & structured life, where as I've always been a "free-spirit" and is more interested in living a less-structured, happy-go-lucky lifestyle,..... plus I love my husband, and he loves me we make a good team.
*********************

My best friend on the other hand has recently ended a 12 year relationship with her fiancee. She claims that she always knew that her fiancee was never her "Soul Mate". She is 31 and has met another guy and is really into him. They've been dating for 3 months and she is the happiest that I've seen her in years. The fact that she says that her ex was never her "Soul Mate" What does that mean? How does she know? What the hell is a "Soul Mate" and how do you ever get over them?

********************
A friend of mine is currently dating a guy. She cheated on him and is now pregnant for the guy that she cheated with. She really does not want to be with the guy she is dating, but the guy that she is pregnant by is a no good drug dealer with no future; but, she just can't get over him. According to her, he is her ......"Soul Mate".I would love for you to post a blog asking your audience their thoughts on what a "soul mate" is, do you ever get over a "soul mate" etc...

So I ask ladies and gentlemen....

What The Hell Is a "Soul Mate" And How Do You Ever Get Over Them?

1.) What is a soul mate?
2.) How do you know if someone is your soul mate?
3.) If you ever miss out on, or lose the person you consider to be your soul mate, could you ever find another one?
4.) How do you ever get over them? or, Do you ever get over them?

As always, your honesty is much appreciated!

0 comments:

 
Blogs By Ms G! | TNB