Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

What Sould I Do?

Recently I had a conversation with a young lady who has been dating her current boyfriend for about 3 months.
She complains that during the entire three months that they’ve been dating he’s been staying at her house. I asked her to explain what she meant by "staying there."
She said, "When I get off work, he’s already in my driveway waiting for me to get there. He sleeps there every night (with the exception of a couple of nights when we got into a heated discussion) and every day that I’m off, we spend the entire day together.
But the problem I’m having is...he hasn’t once offered to help me pay any of the expenses.

Since we’ve been together my household expenses have gone up.
My water bill is higher because he takes showers as often, sometimes more than I do. My electric bill is higher because when we sleep at night the temperature seems to be higher due to the fact that we have that body heat between us, so I have to keep the thermostat lower than normal. And my grocery bill is higher because I cooking for two now, rather than just me. I have tried to explain to him that if he’s going to be here he needs to contribute in some way, but he always complains that he has his own expenses to pay. Since he does have a house, although he never stays there, he has even suggested that we spend sometime at his house but I’m simply not comfortable there. But the killer part is, he can take his money and go buy expensive toys . . . like a $500.00 Apple IPhone.

I care for this man but I don’t know what I should do about our relationship. Can you give me any pointers?

So readers, what’s your take on the situation? How would you suggest this young lady handle this problem?

0 comments:

 
Blogs By Ms G! | TNB