Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Why Did "YOU" Get Married?

There is a lot of excitement buzzing about today’s opening of Tyler Perry’s new movie 'Why Did I Get Married Too.' Many of us will be in attendance to support Tyler Perry as he debuts the sequel to his 2007 hit movie ‘Why Did I Get Married?' Perry is an extremely brilliant film maker who never fails to bring the realism of marriage and relationships across in his movies.

I decided to repost a blog that was originally written and posted a few years ago which was inspired by ‘Why Did I Get Married?’ READ MORE...
************************************************************************************************
I was having a conversation with a young lady earlier and she asked me, do I ever think about getting married again? I thought about the question before giving my honest answer, Yes, IF I find the right man.

She then asked if I wanted to know why she got married? This was a rather interesting question, so I said, "Yes, I would love to know why you got married." This was her reply...

"BECAUSE, I WAS TIRED OF LIVING THE LIFE I WAS LIVING. ONE DAY IT HIT ME, BECAUSE I FELT THERE WAS SOMETHING MISSING IN MY LIFE AND I DECIDED TO TELL MY HUSBAND, (WHO WAS MY BOYFIEND AT THE TIME) THAT WE NEED TO GO BACK TO CHURCH. HE AGREED.

I REMEMBER MY AUNT TELLING ME ABOUT SHACKING UP, LIVING IN SIN AND WHAT GOD WILL DO TO YOU WHEN YOU LIVE THE WAY ‘YOU’ WANT TO LIVE, AND NOT AS HOW ‘HE’ WANTS YOU TO LIVE.

I REALIZED, WHEN I READ THE BIBLE THAT MY LIFE IS NOT MINES; IT BELONGS TO THE LORD, SO I GOT SAVED.

SO MUCH STUFF I DIDN'T KNOW WAS BLINDED BY THIS WORLD. BUT NOW I SEE, SO BY GETTING SAVED AND WANTING TO LIVE RIGHT, I TOLD MY HUSBAND WE NEED TO GET MARRIED. I GAVE HIM A CHOICE MARRY ME OR WE HAVE TO SEPARATE!

I MEAN, IT'S NOT LIKE HE PROPOSED. WHEN WE GOT MARRIED I WAS 8 MONTHS PREGNANT. I'M GLAD I MADE THAT CHOICE. I MEAN, WHEN YOU GET SAVED AND YOU’RE HAVING SEX IT FEELS LIKE RAPE. BUT IT'S A PROCESS YOU GO THROUGH; YOU'RE NOT GOING TO CHANGE OVER NIGHT. I STOPPED CURSING, BUT IT DIDN’T HAPPEN OVER NIGHT… I STOPPED DOING ALOT OF THINGS.

BACK THEN, MY MOM USED TO SEND ME TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY AND BIBLE STUDY EVERY WEDNESDAY. I DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING; I GOT BAPTIZED AT MY AUNT’S CHURCH.

I GOT BAPTIZED AS A SINNER AND CAME BACK UP A SINNER, BECAUSE I WAS STILL DOING WHAT I WANT TO DO. I DID'NT UNDERSTAND BACK THEN AND I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO HEAVEN BECAUSE I WENT TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY; I WAS HEADING TO HELL, BUT NOW... I THANK GOD I'AM SAVED."

When I read this young lady’s words it brought tears to my eyes. Because so many of us are out there searching for certain qualities in our relationships but chances are, we’re looking in the wrong places.

This comment made me think and now I’m asking you…

Why Did You Get Married?

This comment is open to everyone. Feel free to be as honest as you like.

For those of you who are no longer married (divorced or separated) why did you marry the first time and do you think you’ll ever do it again.

For the single folks...Do you think you’ll ever get married? How important is it to you to get married?

For more interesting relationship topics visit "The G-Spot!"

0 comments:

 
Blogs By Ms G! | TNB